Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Living it up in Louisville!

So a quick update. In December 2009, I applied for a Post-Doc position at the University of Louisville for microarray bioinformatics. I had a phone interview, and the next week I was on a plane for Louisville. Two days after that interview, they told me they were going to offer me the position. A month of waiting, and I had a job offer, and we were getting our stuff together to come to the US.

We've been in our new apartment 2 weeks, in Louisville for 1 month, and I've been working at my new job for 3 weeks. It has been a bit of a whirlwind, and honestly we are still getting our bearings. It is a new experience for both of us, especially as Sarah adjusts to being a homemaker, and I adjust to bringing home all the bacon. This will be the situation for a while between our Visa situation and a baby on the way July 8th.

God has been good. We had enough money to get ourselves set up (and a small allowance for moving, and wonderful family and friends to store our extra stuff), we have an apartment, food in our fridge, and are getting to know a wonderful church family.

No comments: