Monday, January 26, 2009

Praying for Ministers to preach the word

So yesterday I listened to my pastor expound on Ephesians 6:19-20 (listen here, or read it here) about praying for Ministers of the Gospel. Much of the message was about the fact that ministers are called to preach and expound the word of God to the people. And then today, I read from Dan Phillips (at Pyromaniacs) about ministers getting up into the pulpit and not doing that. I would say that instead of complaining when pastors/ministers do not preach the word as they are called to do, we should do as Paul asks and be praying for them. How many of us instead of praying that our pastors would preach the word, criticize them behind their back when they don't? I was very convicted by Pauls words in Ephesians, and I hope you are too. We should all be in regular prayer for our pastors and pastors in every church, that they would preach and expound the word of God, and that those who are preaching the Gospel would continue.

Pyromaniacs: Carpe diem, preacherdude

No comments: