Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Salvation

I was listening to a song on my walk to work not long ago, and one of the lines went something like "and He will save us", talking about Christ saving us. And I thought to myself, it sounds like they are saying that we have not already been saved. But that's not right. Christ dying on the cross saved all of mankind, by taking all of our sins unto Himself, the ultimate sacrifice. I hadn't really thought about it that way before.

I don't know why, but I think most people think of salvation as something they have to ask for, but in reality it is a gift that has already been given. What is required is that you recognize or acknowledge the gift, or accept it. The only way to do that is by recognizing or accepting that Jesus Christ really is the son of God, and that he died for your sins. That's all it takes. The easiest way to do that is to ask Him into your life. The asking into your life part is probably why I always used to think that salvation had to be asked for or requested.

So whether you want it or not, the gift has been given, it is there for the taking if you want it. Something to think about if you havent already.God_

No comments: