Sunday, February 19, 2006

What I have learned ....

In the past year and a half, I have learned what it means to experience love, both of another person, and the love of Christ. I have also learned that if God's message is presented in a loving, respectful environment, people actually listen. I have also learned how much I love people I only see once or twice a week, and don't talk to nearly as much as I should. Finally, I learned that nothing lasts forever, and you must always be ready to tell people about Christ, but more importantly be ready to listen to what they think about God. If you can't listen to people, they will not want to listen to you.

Thank you Jerome, thank you Dan, thank you Kate, thank you Josh, thank you to everyone who ever came to Uplift. It has been a blessing to be a part of this, and I promise not to forget what I have heard, what I have seen, and what I have experienced.

Most importantly, I will not forget the two people who personified the love and forgiveness of Christ when most I know would have struck out or retaliated in anger. I will not forget that God has a plan for all of us, and that God is a righteous God, who judges all.

I pray that I continue my own growth as a christian, and learn to depend on God for all things in life, that I continue to ask forgiveness from my sins, and learn to forgive others as Christ forgave us all by dying on the cross for the sins of ALL men. Amen.God_, General_

No comments: