Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Uplift

What is that Uplift link sitting there in the links region? Well, Uplift is a christian discussion group that operates out of my church, to provide a safe discussion forum for christians and non-christians to discuss current issues from a christian point of view. And I would say that it was one of the big building blocks in my journey to coming to Christ. The people there really opened my eyes to what followers of Christ were like.

It was also the first time I felt comfortable talking about God and Christ in a group, there wasn't anyone attacking my views, but they were respected, and discussed. I felt like my views were respected, even though I was not a christian at the time. And that was a big change for me. There were a few christians I knew who I could talk about things like this with, but I had never been in an environment where my views were considered valid by christians. So, that certainly made a big difference in my ideas about what christians were like.

And finally, through discussions with the people there, and some other influences I will describe in more detail in another post, I began to become interested in what it truly meant to be a christian. And of course, to seek Christ out. It's hard to believe that it was just over 15 months ago when I went for the first time, and just over a year since I accepted Christ into my life. I thank Erin for telling me about Uplift and inviting me to go there. And I thank Dan & Kate for listening to God's call and starting this ministry.God_

No comments: